Death, Tragedy & Betrayal: The Darker Side of Clifton Street Cemetery Tour
October 30, 2021 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm| £7.50 – £8.50
Explore Clifton Street Cemetery this Halloween weekend and discover it’s darker side!
Opened in 1797 as the ‘New Burying Ground’ there are many tales to be told here. Death, Tragedy & Betrayal focuses on the ‘darker side’ of the cemetery’s history. From the infamous body snatchers which plagued the cemetery in its opening decades and the drastic actions taken to curb this lucrative trade, to the burial of murder victims, hangings and other tragic deaths! Due to the nature of the content parental discretion is advised.
Booking in advance is essential.
Planning your visit
- Tours meet at Clifton House before proceeding to the cemetery
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of your tour
- Guided tours last approx. 1 hour
- Free car parking onsite
- Belfast Visitor Pass and Concession rates are £7.50. Please present your Visitor Pass on arrival. For further information on the Belfast Visitor Pass, visit: visitbelfast.com
- Booking in advance essential due to limited spaces
- Please advise in advance of any access requirements